Thanks to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), exporters can take advantage of substantial—or even complete—reductions in customs duties. In order to benefit from the advantages afforded under this free trade agreement, you must certify and be able to provide evidence that your goods meet all of the conditions to qualify under the rules of origin.
During this training workshop, you will learn how to master the means and tools used to ensure your company’s customs compliance.
What will you learn?
- The advantages of NAFTA for your imports and exports
- How to eliminate American duties
- How to measure your “risk” under NAFTA
- The classification of goods in the Harmonized System: essential to ensuring the validity of your certificates of origin
- What documents to obtain to avoid jeopardizing your export certificate
- The certificate, zone by zone
- Who should sign this legal document
- The ways in which customs authorities verify these agreements, and the consequences of non-compliance
Who is it for?
This workshop is intended both for companies that are getting ready to export and for those that are already doing so.
- Business leaders
- Financial directors
- Export directors
Read now: NAFTA: How to prepare for the unpredictable