An initiative of:
On Monday, October 7, in partnership with the Réseau express métropolitain (REM) and the Ministère des Transports du Québec, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal is inviting employers to a half-day workshop to explore and share solutions to support employees facing mobility challenges.
Starting on January 6, 2020, the Deux-Montagnes and Mascouche commuter train lines will be suspended at the Bois-Franc or Ahuntsic stations as part of the construction of the REM line, affecting approximately 20,000 people working mainly in downtown Montréal. To find out what public transit options will be offered during this period and how this will affect commute times, visit the Mobility Montréal website.
During this half-day, learn more about the REM construction project and the public transit measures that are being established to alleviate the mobility problem, then take part in a discussion with professionals facing the same challenges and:
- Discuss mobility solutions that will improve the workplace;
- Share solutions that have been tested at your company and learn more about those implemented by other companies;
- Get inspired by best practices already in place at other companies;
- After the workshop, receive a document summarizing the best practices discussed over the course of the day as well as solutions to implement at your company.
Who is this workshop for?
We want to bring together employers from both SMEs and large companies in a variety of economic sectors.
- Directors and members of upper management who want to implement solutions.
- Managers and members of management who want to better address the situation with their employees.
- Human resources managers who want solutions that are accessible for their company.
- Mobility managers who want to discuss the issue with other professionals and share their best practices.
- Affected employees who want to be able to advise their company on initiatives that could improve the situation caused by the upcoming construction work.
How to participate
- REGISTRATION: Participation is free. More than one person from the same company may participate. Please note that space is limited.
- FORM: You will receive an email inviting you to fill out a form in order to create your profile. This will enable us to match you properly to create effective working groups.
We strongly encourage you to extend this invitation to anyone who might be interested or involved in this problem due to the nature of their work and responsibilities within their company.
Recap of the information presented at the workshop
As of January 2020, the Deux-Montagnes (exo6) and Mascouche (exo5) commuter train lines will be affected by the construction work on the Réseau express métropolitain (REM).
The detailed public transit mitigation measures offered to users of the Deux-Montagnes and Mascouche lines during the REM work were announced on September 9. You can access these measures on the Mobility Montréal website. This information allows users to check transport times and fares during this period.
We invite you to share this information with your affected employees:
Other useful links
For employers who wish to reach the REM team, contact Vanessa Lerga, Communications and Public Affairs Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The REM is a 100% automated 67-km, 26-station light rail transit system that will connect downtown Montréal, the South Shore, the West Island, the North Shore and Montréal-Trudeau Airport. With a high frequency service, the REM will run 7 days a week, 20 hours a day, and will be connected to the three main lines of the Montréal metro. Learn more