Sector Gateway invites you to a workshop on Tuesday, December 14, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. led by Rafaël Provost, Executive Director of JAG, and co-hosted by Jessica Grenon, Response Coordinator and Facilitator for JAG, an LGBT+ organization.
During this exchange, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a more concrete understanding of the different journeys of trans and non-binary people.
- Increase awareness of the barriers, issues and challenges of gender diverse persons.
- Understand how to support LGBTQ+ individuals and intervene in an inclusive manner.
- Recognize their professional and environmental limits.
- Reflect on the solutions that will promote inclusion.
*Please note that this activity will be presented on the Zoom platform. Following your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to log in.
Founded in 1997, JAG is a community-based awareness, support and referral organization serving the population of the Western, Central and Eastern Montérégie. It is intended for anyone who is affected in any way by emotional, sexual or gender diversity, or who is questioning it. The JAG’s goal is to provide positive role models and so it favours an approach based on openness and compassion.
The JAG is a key player in awareness and intervention, with creative and humane initiatives that benefit the population.
In response to the labour force challenges faced by certain sectors of the economy, the Sector Gateway program has recently expanded its services to professionals who are underrepresented in the labour market because of their age, racialized, cultural or Indigenous background, disability, gender expression or sexual orientation. The program is funded by the Quebec government.
- Welcoming remarks
- Workshop presentation
- Discussions and questions and answers
- Closing remarks