Summary of the seminar
Morocco is a business destination worth considering for any company wishing to develop internationally. With a market of 35 million consumers, competitive production costs and 3% GDP growth in 2018, Morocco is considered a prime gateway to Africa.
On September 19, 2019, come discover the many business opportunities available in Morocco. This seminar will present the country’s current situation and teach you about its different facets, such as its business culture, legal and fiscal framework and potential business sectors.
Who is this seminar for?
A unique opportunity to:
- Evaluate the potential for developing your business in Morocco;
- Network with other Quebec companies considering this market;
- Benefit from the advice of experts and companies operating in this African country.
Morocco is one of Africa’s most sophisticated and developed countries.
Its competitive costs and world-class infrastructure make it a business environment conducive to business development, hence its reputation as a Best Cost country.
The government has established a wide range of incentives to benefit foreign companies:
- An incentivizing tax system that offers tax exemptions or reduced tax rates;
- Direct subsidy programs;
- Provision of the required technical training;
- Adoption of new laws to improve investment terms.
Moreover, the mandate of the Morocco’s Investment and Trade Agency is to implement the government's strategy for developing, incentivizing and promoting national and foreign investments as well as exports of products and services. It is intended to support all economic players throughout their life cycle.
Morocco also has an advanced specialized training system providing access to skilled personnel. Finally, its average age of 29 reflects a young and skilled workforce.
A range of opportunities in these sectors, where you can help:
- Tourism: Make Morocco one of the main tourist destinations on the planet by doubling the size of this industry.
- ICT: Spread the use of new information and communication technologies.
- Transportation: Develop infrastructure:
- Upgrade transportation infrastructure, in particular in the railway sector;
- Improve user comfort and safety in public transportation;
- Position Morocco as a logistics hub for the Mediterranean.
- Energy: Increase renewable energies to 42% of installed power in 2020 and to 52% by 2030.
- Agriculture: Relaunch and modernize Moroccan agriculture around two pillars:
- Accelerate the development of modern and competitive agriculture by targeting 400,000 farms;
- Support small-scale agriculture by targeting 600,000 to 800,000 farmers.
Who should participate in this seminar?
Any company looking to develop its business in Morocco or to learn more about these markets.
This is particularly aimed at companies in the following industries:
- Construction and infrastructure
- Renewable energies
- Green technology
- Transportation and mobility services
Buy your tickets