Mental health problems in the workplace represent an issue that is affecting an increasing number of employees, but one that, unfortunately, is not being discussed nearly enough. Thankfully, more and more companies are rallying to take up the challenge!
Mental health facts and figures:
- Mental illness will affect one Quebecer in five, directly or indirectly, over the course of a lifetime.
- Mental health problems in the workplace cost Canadian companies up to 16 billion dollars annually.
- Stress in business represents 19% of the costs arising from absenteeism and 40% of the costs of employee turnover.
- By 2020, depression will become the second leading cause of disability in the world, right behind cardiac disease.
- The costs of workplace planning related to mental health are relatively low, well under $500 in a majority of cases.
- 35% of workplace absences are due to mental health problems
Come learn why business community leaders have chosen to get involved in this cause, and see what role you can play in fighting mental health problems in the workplace.